Senior Advisor Mining and Mineral Economics
Dr. Bernd Vels
Year of Birth: 1950
Advanced Studies mineral economics, Denver, St. Johns, Bonn
University of Münster, Doctoral Degree, Dr. rer. nat.
University of Münster, Dipl. Degree in Applied Geology
- Competent person according JORC, NI 43-101.
- Certified Expert for mine remediation projects.
- 2014-now Advice and Consulting in Mining GmbH
Senior Advisor Mining, Mineral Economics, worldwide.
- 2002-2014 Fichtner Mining & Enviroment GmbH, Germany.
Managing Director and Partner. Advice specialized in Feasibility Studies and mine planning. – worldwide.
- 2000-2002 DB – AHS GmbH, Berlin, engineering division of the Deutsche Bahn.
Managing Director, civil engineering for infrastructure, energy, enviromental and logistic projects.
- 1995-2000 Siepe-Agiplan AG, Dortmund. Managing Director, Member of the Board.
International consulting for mining, energy and civil engineering projects.
- 1976-1994 Uranerzbergbau GmbH (RWE Group), Director Consulting.
International exploration and mining projects. (coal, basemetals, gold, and uranium).
- Working experience in 86 countries
Specific Project Experience
- Familiar with the mining situation world-wide – especially lignite, hard coal, base-metals, gold, uranium, industrial minerals.
- Feasibility and Due Diligence Studies for active and planned mining, infrastructure and energy projects – including evaluation of social and enviromental liabilities.
- Strategic mineral resource demand, re-serves and supply studies on project-, country- and world level, masterplanning.
- Benchmarking for mining and energy operations incl. risk assessment.
- Development of investment, operating and total production costs for mining, energy and infrastructure projects.
- Restructuring of mining companies during transition and change of ownership, strategic planning and political advice
- Structuring of complex investment and project financing for mining, energy and/or rehabilitation projects, worldwide.
- Project management of interdisciplinary teams, technical / economic controlling.