Senior Advisor Mineral Processing and Recycling
Dr. Gerhard Schmelzer
Year of Birth: 1966
Aachen University of Technolgy, Doctoral Degree
Aachen University of Technolgy, Diploma Degree in Mineral Processing and Ore Benficiation
- 2014-now schmelzerconsult, Advice and Consulting in Mineral Processing and Recycling, worldwide.
- 2011-2014 Lanxess Deutschland GmbH, Global Business Development for Mining and Processing Projects worldwide; based in South Africa. Concentrating on chromite, fluorspar, and phosphate projects.
- 2009-2011 Metso Minerals GmbH. Design, engineering and marketing of mineral processing plants for coal, base metals and fluorspar as well as slag recycling plants.
- 1999-2009 Sachtleben Bergbau GmbH. Head of Operations and Development of surface operations for fluorspar, baryte, copper and silver production. Advisor for international projects.
- 1997-1999 Verein Deutscher Eisenhütten-leute VDEh; Scientific Expert for cupola and blast furnace projects
Specific Project Experience
- Familiar with planning and processing activities for primary and secondary raw materials – worldwide
- Pre-Feasibility, Feasibility and Due Diligence studies for active and planned operations (primary and secondary raw materials).
- Technical, economic, infrastructural and environmental aspects for mine and processing projects incl. risk assessment.
- Investigations of primary and secondary raw material properties regarding their attitude to commercial processing.
- Test work covering the full range from laboratory to industrial scale.
- Development of processing processes, general layout and equipment selection.
- Basic & detail engineering for processing projects.
- Responsible for plant erection, commissi-oning, ramping-up and operation phases.
- Project management of interdisciplinary teams, technical / economic controlling, coaching.